Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bob McDavitt - Rain and Clouds

The most interesting part for me was when Bob McDavitt talked about how rain is formed.
Did you know that rain in New Zealand actually starts as snow? By the time it makes its way through the clouds and sky to us it has melted so much that it is just water.
My favourite part was when he started to talk about all the different clouds. Clouds like: cumulus, nimbus, stratus and other cool clouds we had never known about. He showed us some pictures on the big screen of the different clouds and gave our teacher a poster about the clouds. I liked that because we did more studying about them in class and got to work using the poster.

2 comments:

Samantha - Johnsonville said...

It's good to read how much you appreciated your guest speaker Talivaka. He sounds like an interesting person.

Anastasia - Johnsonville said...

I was interested to read that rain starts as snow. I never knew that.